EPISODE #6 - Photographers Gone Wild: Jared & Trish McMillen - Part 2
Last time, we met Jared and Trish McMillen, fine-art photographers who seem to share a brain. This time, you’re going to hear them talk about how they have a mandatory mutual admiration society of two. They’ll also talk about a pitfall to avoid (that does involve ego), and—of course—we hit them with the fearsome five!
FOR ITUNES, CLICK HERE
FOR SOUNDLCOUD, CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD THE MP3 BY RIGHT-CLICKING HERE AND SELECTING "SAVE AS"
THE SHOW NOTES
LOGLINE: Having figured out how to put ego aside, the McMillens discuss working together creatively, allowing each other to shine, dealing with disagreements, and keeping their business from overflowing into everyday life.
- A pitfall you need to avoid when going into business with your spouse (02:43)
- Don't always think that your opinion is right (04:04)
- The importance of not taking yourself too seriously (05:59)
- How they can struggle to agree on things and how they resolve this (06:14)
- Knowing what each other is better at and allowing them to do it (06:53)
- How Trish appreciates Jared's ability to pay attention to the details (07:42)
- The importance of mutual admiration (09:30)
- Do people underestimate Trish because she is the wife? (10:12)
- Do people overestimate Jared because he's the husband? (11:06)
- When working together as a couple gets tough (13:48)
- How being goal oriented keeps them on track (14:36)
- What life is like with a 2-year old (16:56)
- Do they feel lucky being able to work with each other? (17:38)
- How they have evolved as a couple (19:08)
- Trish's journey to working for herself (20:58)
- The Fearsome Five (22:15)
McMillen Fine Art